How clean is your home?
With indoor air quality and poor air pollution becoming a growing concern, many homeowners are still not aware of the health hazards breathing dirty air can cause. Without inspection and cleaning, your air duct system could be contaminated with particulates that can be harmful to you and your family’s health! Over several years the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has ranked indoor air pollution as one of the top 5 environmental risks to public health.
Using our video inspection equipment, we inspect your duct work to show you what you are breathing! With an inside look, our technicians are able to look for dirt, debris, animal droppings, mold moisture and more to determine if cleaning would be beneficial for you. Once we have determined cleaning is something your system needs we use our portable air duct cleaning equipment to scrub your duct work clean, our equipment is safe for all types and sizes of duct work. After your ducts are scrubbed clean, we can fog them with an EPA-registered antimicrobial mist that disinfects your system and leaves a pleasant scent behind.
Indoor Air Quality Facts
- The EPA has ranked indoor air quality as one of the top 5 environmental risks to public health.
- More than 50 million Americans suffer from allergies. According to Total Health and Better Health magazine, 1 out of 4 people who suffer from allergies, do so, due to the fungi and bacteria in the air duct system.
- Indoor air is 2-5 times worse than outdoor air.
How to Improve Your Indoor Air!
- Improve ventilation- make sure your duct system is properly sealed! Leaky duct work pulls air from all over, potentially bringing in more contaminants.
- Make sure your air filter is clean- A dirty air filter not only makes your system work harder it also can’t block out the contaminants from getting into your system
- Cut back on the air contaminants- Avoid harsh chemical air fresheners and cleaning products!
- Clean your ducts- Air duct cleaning is one of the fastest ways to improve the air in your home. With our brush and vacuum machine we scrub your duct work clean- leaving no harmful contaminants behind.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Just like your air ducts you can’t see inside your dryer vent! Using our video inspection camera we are able to show you all of the dirt and lint that stays inside your dryer and vent once you have completed your laundry and cleared the lint trap. Lint will build up in the dryer, transition duct and exhaust duct which can reduce airflow and create a dangerous situation which can lead to overheating and dryer inefficiencies, and in some cases, fires. When moisture cannot escape it will invite mold and bacteria build up as well. By cleaning your dryer vent, we can help ensure your clothes dryer is both safe and energy efficient!
Lint is one of the most flammable items in your home! With estimates of 15,500 US home fires being contributed to dirty dryer vents, it is more important than ever to get your dryer vent inspected and serviced.
Signs your dryer vent may be clogged
- Takes anywhere from 2-4 cycles to dry 1 load of laundry
- The outside of your dryer is hot to touch and your clothes are damp and hot at the end of the cycle
- Notice a burning smell
- The vent hood flap outside doesn’t open properly when dryer is running
- Your home is older than 4 years old or hasn’t been inspected regularly
Statistics are important to understand
- In the Topical Fire Report Series, the US Fire Administration’s National Fire Incident Reporting System (NFIRS) states that 84% of dryer fires were found in residential dwellings. The leading cause remains the same, FAILURE TO CLEAN!
- 54% of the fires were confined to the object of origin- the clothes dryer